A symbol of the highest quality since 1912

The letters MW in the two parts of the circle have stood for Mannesmann for more than a century. The logo was designed by Peter Behrens, a famous pioneer of industrial design, and registered with the German Patent Office as a trademark for the first time in 1912. Patent applications and use followed all over the world.